THINGS YOU WILL NEVER HEAR AN AUSTRALIAN TRAVELLER SAY!
Recently, I read on ‘Traveller’ a great blog that every Australian traveller will relate to! Love these 13 sayings!
1. “I wish we had coffee like this back home”
2. “I’d love to visit that country – but it’s too far away”
3. “That’s too long to be away”
4. “I’m not eating anything weird”
5. “It’s so good to find some other Australians”
6. “Do you think people will be offended if we get really smashed?”
7. “The rent here is insanely expensive”
8. “Do they accept Australian dollars here?”
9. “Everything here is so far apart”
10. “Are you from Australia, or New Zealand?”
11. “How great is tipping?”
12. “That is the most beautiful beach I’ve ever seen”
13. “This is the best country in the world”
Check out this site:
Photo: A swagman also called a swaggie, sundowner or tussocker) was a transient labourer who travelled by foot from farm to farm carrying his belongings in a Swag (bedroll). The term originated in Australia in the 19th-century and was later used in New Zealand.
Travel Planning Resources
Subscribe to the Progressive Traveller community and receive my FREE printable travel packing checklists. Learn how to pack efficiently and maximise your luggage space for your next trip abroad. (checklist available at the end of this section)
Book Your Flight
Rent A Car
RentalCars.com is where you will find the right car in the right place at the right price. It’s the best car rental site for comparing prices and offers.
My go-to-online accommodation search engine is Booking.com. With over 830,000 hotels, apartments, villas, resorts, guest houses and B&Bs, you will be spoilt for choice. They offer great rates, *free cancellation, no reservation fees and best prices are guaranteed. Through the booking site you have access to customer reviews, special offers and great deals. Plus, each accommodation is shown by location and photos, so you know exactly what to expect.
Save $35 with this Airbnb coupon code and learn the best way to find cheap Airbnb accommodation around the world. Check my Go Travel eBook for more accommodation pro tips.
Protect You and Your Belongings
If you can’t afford travel insurance, you can’t afford to travel! Protect yourself and your belongings with my preferred consumer insurer, World Nomads. They provide an extensive range of options to suit your type of travel and they are giving my readers a 5% discount code when they enter Go Travel. Head to World Nomads, and enter the promo code GOTRAVEL for an exclusive discount!*
- For our Canadian and US travellers, unfortunately due to financial services laws, World Nomads cannot provide a discount. This promotional code cannot be used with any other discount offer, including World Nomads Members’ discount for travel insurance policy holders.