Whilst the COVID 19 pandemic has created a public health and economic crisis across Australia, some businesses have thrived and expanded their customer base. Stay at home directives changed the way we shop, and the loss of recreational freedom meant we had to find new ways to purchase goods and spend our spare time.
COVID Changed Shopping Forever
Online shopping is at a record high in Australia as more people use e-commerce shopping platforms amid the pandemic-induced contactless trend. Like the travel sector, the global beauty industry was also hit hard by the COVID 19 crisis, forcing many retailers to close their doors. It was no surprise globally that beauty sales fell significantly as more people began working from home, wearing masks and social distancing. It became less important to wear makeup and perfume!
Nutrimetics Empowering Natural Beauty Since 1968
Industrial leader Nutrimetics responded positively to the crisis, increasing its online presence. Nutrimetics product sales in skincare, haircare and bodycare also rose from self-care and pampering trends throughout the pandemic. Generations of loyal Nutrimetics customers took to purchasing their favourites online and receiving products by mail.
Travel | Unlocking the World
As travel restrictions worldwide begin to ease, it’s time to think about travel and what to pack. In March 2020, when the pandemic began racing around the globe, Australia closed its international border. Nineteen months later (October 2021), the first international flights began arriving in Australia. Australian residents who are double-vaxed can fly to several other countries such as the UK, Fiji, Singapore and more.
Time To Pack
Choosing the right travel beauty products can be difficult, especially when you don’t want to compromise your daily routine. Focus on your essentials and pack the least of products to minimise liquids, weight and space. It is best to also keep makeup for travel simple and neutral, including your eyeshadow.
Here are my top Nutrimetics skincare, makeup and haircare products you should pack for travel in 2021!
- Ultra Care+ Platinum Multi-Active Cleaner & Masque. Two in one formula: purifies and hydrates as a cleanser, firms and tightens in a masque. Product Code: 10742 | 100ml.
- Ultra Care+ Platinum Serum. Face Serum for brighter, smoother, firmer skin, Suitable for all skin types. Product Code: 10713 | 30ml.
- Ultra Care+ Aqua Supply Booster is a drink for thirsty skin. A silky, velvet gel. Amino acids stimulate the skin’s collagen production to firm the skin and reduce the visibility of fine lines and wrinkles. Product Code: 10907|25ml.
4. Nutri-Rich Oil. Super multi-purpose oil that relieves dry skin improves elasticity, boosts moisture retention, and reduces fine lines. Mild, nourishing and packed with antioxidants. Handbag size for nourishment on the go. Take the healing power of apricot with you everywhere you go. Product Code: 10828 | 25ml; Product Code 10827 | 60ml.
5. Nutri-Rich Nourishing Lip Oil is a nourishing lip balm and gloss in one. Keep lip oil in your purse or carry on bag and frequently apply to protect your lips from dehydration and cracking on long-haul flights. Made from rich apricot kernels, mulberry extract and other plant-derived oils. Product Code: 10852 | 4.8ml.
6. Sun Days SPF50+ Sunscreen Lotion formulated for Australia, and New Zealand’s harsh climate will protect your skin from the sun’s damaging UV rays. Apply every four hours. Sun Days sunscreen is water-resistant, dermatologically tested and safe for the whole family. Available in two sizes. Product Code: 17083 | 150ml; Product Code: 17082 |
8. Professional Complexion Correction Kit – An all-in-on palette suitable for all skin tones – conceal, correct and contour to perfection. Product Code: 13074 | 7g.
9. NC Colour Icon Eyeshadow Palette – Neutral Matt Product Code: 13727 | 3.5g.
10. NC Bronzing Powder for year-round sunkissed glowing skin. Bronzer accentuates and lifts your cheekbones, sculpts your facial features, and creates a warm, radiant look in seconds. Product Code: 12232 | 9g.
12. NC Silk Crème Lipstick. Neutral coloured lipstick such as Sunkissed is best for all skin tones. Product Code: 14473| 3.5g.
13. Nutrimetics Professional brush collection comes in a handy zip pouch containing a blending sponge, 3 double-sided brushes for eyes, brows, lips and concealer and a foundation/blush brush plus a flat buffer brush for flawless blending and application. Product Code: 156617.
14. NC Make-up Cleaning Tissues contain cucumber extract plus vitamin E for fuss-free cleansing on the go. NC Make-Up Cleansing Tissues – 30 Tissues
15. Nutri-Rich Hair+ Treatment Masque contains Crambe seed oil and Moringa seed extract. Restore hair’s natural beauty in 5 minutes. Rich in restorative oils, this intensive treatment will bring back vitality, health, silkiness, and shine in just one use. Suitable for normal, dry and damaged hair. Product Code: 17159 | 250ml.
Skincare and Makeup Tips: Contact lens containers are perfect for storing eye cream and other lotions that you only use a little of. Kmart sells a range of Anko leakproof silicone travel-friendly bottles ideal for body lotion, hair products and sunscreen. Small soft tubes and clear mini pots/stackable jars are great for storing your favourite skincare, foundation and toothpaste. Save on space by packing makeup palettes, a multi-purpose bronzer, double-sided brushes and your Nutrimetics free samples for travel.
No matter where you’re jetting off to, these Nutrimetics products will help protect, nourish and keep your skin safe while you are exploring the world.
Click HERE to browse the latest Nutrimetics brochures
Earn Money with Nutrimetics
Nutrimetics skincare is designed in Australia and made in New Zealand from nature. Learn more about Nutrimetics and how you can earn money here.
Travel Planning Resources
Subscribe to the Progressive Traveller community and receive my FREE printable travel packing checklists. Learn how to pack efficiently and maximise your luggage space for your next trip abroad. (checklist available at the end of this section)
Book Your Flight
Rent A Car
RentalCars.com is where you will find the right car in the right place at the right price. It’s the best car rental site for comparing prices and offers.
My go-to-online accommodation search engine is Booking.com. With over 830,000 hotels, apartments, villas, resorts, guest houses and B&Bs, you will be spoilt for choice. They offer great rates, *free cancellation, no reservation fees and best prices are guaranteed. Through the booking site you have access to customer reviews, special offers and great deals. Plus, each accommodation is shown by location and photos, so you know exactly what to expect.
Save $35 with this Airbnb coupon code and learn the best way to find cheap Airbnb accommodation around the world. Check my Go Travel eBook for more accommodation pro tips.
Protect You and Your Belongings
If you can’t afford travel insurance, you can’t afford to travel! Protect yourself and your belongings with my preferred consumer insurer, World Nomads. They provide an extensive range of options to suit your type of travel and they are giving my readers a 5% discount code when they enter Go Travel. Head to World Nomads, and enter the promo code GOTRAVEL for an exclusive discount!*
- For our Canadian and US travellers, unfortunately due to financial services laws, World Nomads cannot provide a discount. This promotional code cannot be used with any other discount offer, including World Nomads Members’ discount for travel insurance policy holders.